Sunday, September 15, 2013

Scan Day

Today was relatively uneventful.  We had to be at MD Anderson at 7:40am which meant we had to leave the house at 7:00am.  First on Steve's schedule was a CT of his abdominal area.  With this scan, he can not eat for 3 hours prior.  So, we just skipped breakfast altogether. After the CT scan, we caught the tram over to The Rotary House to have breakfast at The Oaks.  Luckily, the buffet was still going because we only had about 30 minutes until we had to be back over to the Mays Clinic for his MRI.  The buffet was not very good.  Most of the food was cold, hard, had been sitting, etc.  Then I about choked when I found out the buffet was $16 per person!!  You've got to be kidding me?!?!?!  I did manage to find a hot Texas shaped waffle and Steve got a nice, fresh omlet.  I don't like eggs, so that wasn't an option for me.  I loaded up on fresh fruit for the most part.  After breakfast, we headed back over to The Mays Clinic for Steve's MRI.  This took a lot longer than I remember.  He does not get an MRI with every set of scans, but it had been a while, so Dr. Kim decided to take a look this time around.  After the MRI, we headed home to watch some football!  We have to be back at MD Anderson tomorrow at 9am.  Steve will have a CT scan of his neck, a dermatology appointment and an appointment to go over the results of his scans.

I will post results tomorrow......

Steve waiting patiently for his CT scan.

AIM at Melanoma poster for this weekends walk. If you would like to sponsor us, you can do so at http://www.aimatmelanoma.org/en/aim-for-action/1158/1159/houston-2013/6567.html#

No comments:

Post a Comment