Sunday, December 1, 2013

Wide Excision Recovery

Many have asked how Steve's wounds from his wide excision surgery were healing, so I thought I would post a few pictures.  Also, I thought it would be good to have the pics on the blog for anyone that may be seeking information on the surgery and recovery process. 

The first few days Steve experienced mild pain.  He took a weak pain pill, but probably could have gotten by on Advil or Tylenol.

P.S.  Remember, I already know he is a hairy beast ;)

1 week post surgery - view of both cuts

View of lower cut - 1 week post surgery

Top cut - 1 week post surgery (this is the superglue they used starting to fall off)

9 days post surgery

Upper cut - 9 days post surgery

Lower cut - 9 days post surgery

Both cuts - 16 days post surgery

16 days post surgery - bottom cut

16 days post surgery - upper cut



Remember folks....love the skin you're in, see a dermatologist at least once a year, do monthly skin checks, wear sunscreen, seek shade, wear sunglasses, don't tan, take care of your skin!!!

I will try and remember to take pictures again in a week or two to show the final scars.

2 comments:

  1. One else with cuts - I am just 8 days from the last cuttings (two moles) from my right shoulder.

    ReplyDelete