Thursday, April 26, 2012

Day 4 of Round 4

Hello everyone!  Another not too much to blog about kind of day.  I guess that's good news though, right?  Steve woke up around 7:30 this morning and was ready to eat breakfast and shower.  The doctor usually makes rounds around 8:30 am, so I told him we could order breakfast and wait to shower until after the doctor came by.  Wouldn't you know the doctor didn't come till around 11:30 today!  The doctor said that Steve's counts all look good (well where they should be I should say..... a .87 white blood cell count is not "good").  His hemoglobin actually went up a tad bit too, so that was good news.  I had to leave the room around 1:30 to get to my platelet donation appointment.  By the time I walked over, got checked in, and got hooked up, I didn't get started until 3:00.  Then it took 2 full hours, so I didn't get back to the room till after 5:00.  I hated to leave Steve that long, but he seemed to be feeling "decent" and we were texting also.  Platelet donation was an adventure.  The guy checking me in was so very sweet, but so very long winded.  He had 100 stories.  They were all good stories, so I didn't mind too much.  I met 2 guys in there that were donating platelets for their friend who has Leukemia.  1 of the guys passes out and the other guy recorded it.  I was a little nervous going in, but seeing him pass out definitely made me more nervous!!  (The video is on my Facebook page)  Then I met a sweet guy who was just donating blood.  His wife was getting chemo but she didn't need blood, so he donated it to Steve.  That was so very sweet!  I met another sweet guy from Houston whose brother is battling Leukemia.  A couple came in to check their blood type.  The guy had a prosthetic leg.  I asked him if I could take a picture of it.  He was happy to model for me and give me several angles :)

Do you know your blood type?  I don't.  Steve is B+. They will mail me mine in about 2 weeks. 

Info on why you should donate Platelets. 

Me all hooked up and ready to DONATE!!!

The crazy guys who entertained me.

The cool prosthetic leg.

He wanted me to take all angles :)

So, I did :)

Even the back!!!!


Steve and I are just hanging out in the room now, watching the NFL draft (booooooring!!!!) and fixing to order dinner.  I will update again tomorrow :)

No comments:

Post a Comment